How to get motivated to lose weight when obese? You have tried dozens of different diets, but without success? Or did you waste plenty of money for a variety of tablets, powders, expensive sports training and equipment?
Although the motivation for weight reduction is usually big at the beginning, unfortunately often ends unsuccessfully. If you are not completely sure of success, not see a positive goal ahead of you, and don’t have proper discipline for losing weight, than even the best tips for weight loss won’t help you.
First you need to clarify what you want in your head. Of course, there are various tricks and techniques that can increase your confidence, and be a great help on your way to a fit body.
How to get Motivated to Lose Weight when Obese?
Together we will find your motivational sources that will help you lose weight and feel awesome. We have prepared a list of tips for you which are divided into three categories. The first includes advice related to motivation and stress elimination, the second has diet-related advice, and the third are tips for weight loss, related to sports and recreation.
Maintain a High Level of Motivation and Get Rid of Negative Thoughts
It is scientifically proven that stress and weight are interconnected. If you will be in stress often when trying to lose pounds, your motivation will drop. We recommend that you consider the following.
- Before you start with weight loss, take photos and measure your waist size. Then you define and write down the goal you want to achieve.
- Weight yourself every morning and record the weight on a piece of paper or in a notebook. This way you’ll have a good overview of the weight loss process, and with instant results you will maintain a high level of motivation.
- Tell your loved ones that you started dieting. In the moments, when you will not be completely sure about your goal, relatives and friends will stand by you and encourage you, while you will have greater motivation.
- If food is your only satisfaction source, talk with yourself and decide to stop this destroying act. Try to enjoy a good company, music, tours, exercise, volunteer work, your hobby or something similar. Remember, only the start is hard.
- Meditation is an excellent technique to eliminate chronic stress, which makes you reaching for the junk food or living an unhealthy lifestyle.
- Set realistic goals. Losing more than 15 pounds in one week may be realistic, but certainly not healthy. With small steps you can achieve your big goal because every small step will motivate you to go on.
- Do not compare yourself with others, because each body will react differently on a diet. If someone says that he lost 10 pounds in a week, it shouldn’t discourage you, if you won’t achieve the same.
- Make sure to have sufficient sleep. Lack of sleep changes hormone levels in the body that regulate hunger, which can cause increased appetite.
Food and Drink Tips
How to get motivated to lose weight when obese? Don’t be afraid that you will have to completely stop eating sweets or tasty food. If you will follow at least some of the following tips, you will effortlessly feel more satisfied, shaped and healthy.
- Say NO to fast food, which increases the level of the blood cholesterol, clogging arteries, causing fatigue, and make us hungry fast. Check refrigerator and pantry, and immediately get rid of unhealthy foods.
- Try to avoid fried foods. There are many other health friendly methods of food preparation, such as cooking, baking in the oven, grilling, simmering, roasting, etc.
- Have at least five meals a day, which should be evenly distributed throughout the day. The best thing is to eat approximately every three hours.
- Do not skip meals, because this way you will not lose weight. You would achieve the opposite effect, because the body would store fat. In addition, the organism would exploit the muscles (protein) to produce energy, which are the main consumer of fat.
- Food should be diverse and balanced. Do not forget the fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Eat enough healthy fats such as olives, salmon and nuts.
- You probably agree that eating too much food in one time makes you feel stuffed and uncomfortable. Stop eating when you are no longer hungry. If you can’t stop, serve food on smaller plates.
- Before you head to the store, take a look at a list of foods that you need to prepare meals. Leave the store as soon as possible, because thus you will avoid reaching for unhealthy products. At the same time you will save time and money.
- Drink at least 2.5 liters of liquids per day. Avoid sweet carbonated drinks, alcohol, fruit juices, and full fat milk. In addition to water and green tea, you can include decaffeinated coffee as a low-calorie beverage, which is a great source of antioxidants.
Recreation for Well-being and Slender Figure
With positive attitude, proper nutrition and by avoiding stress you are already on the way to your new you. Weight loss will be much more effective, if you are going to have some movement too. The recreation and sport are linked to the following tips for weight loss:
- Take the time to go for a walk in the nature. Go on a short walk before lunch or a dinner. This will not only burn some calories, but most likely you will want to eat something healthier after the walk.
- You should know that muscle cells burn for at least four times more calories than fat cells. Have a half an hour of active physical exercise at least twice or three times a week.
- Plan during the week how you will recreate for the weekend. If you have a serious desire to lose weight; you need to live healthy, 7 days a week.
- Reduce the sitting time. Take advantage of every opportunity for the movement, even at work. Take 5 minutes often and stretch your legs and walk a little bit.
- If the weather is favorable; go for a walk in the nature. It is even better to go to the mountains, because thus you will burn more calories.
- Running is an excellent exercise for the well-being and loss of excess weight. Start with a short distance (3-5 km). Remember that only the start is difficult, later it will became easier.
- Take advantage of the television commercials for muscle strengthening. Do 20 push-ups, crunches and squats, and exercises for back muscles.
- Buy a stationary bike, treadmill, or any similar device. This will especially come handy in the winter, when it will be too cold for the outdoor exercise.
Insist in Your New Lifestyle
How to get motivated to lose weight when obese? We are confident that you will achieve your goal with these tips for weight loss to get to the body as you’ve always wanted. Let us stress again how important it is to insist on a new lifestyle.
You will not lose weight in one day, because your body should go over the weight loss process. Don’t look for shortcuts, which will only harm your body. Take it slowly, be strong, live healthier and trust in a positive outcome.